- 1 PERFECT HOLIDAY SPECIALS SECTION
- A GREAT FLASH SALE SECTION
- CERAMIC CHRISTMAS TREE PLASTIC COLOR REPLACEMENT LIGHTS BULBS STARS
- CHRISTMAS BISQUE / PLASTERCRAFT
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN CHRISTMAS TREE UNPAINTED ORNAMENTS PLASTERCRAFT NON FIRED
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN ORNAMENTS
- CERAMIC BISQUE UNPAINTED FLAT ORNAMENTS
- CHRISTMAS BISQUE
- CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS UNPAINTED PLASTERCRAFT NONFIRED USE ACRYLIC PAINT CASE OF 24
- CHRISTMAS PLASTERCRAFT
- CHRISTMAS TREE ORNAMENTS
- CHRISTMAS TREE PLASTERCRAFT UNPAINTED ORNAMENTS AT BLOWOUT PRICES NON FIRED
- CLAY, LAGUNA FIRED GLAZES
- GLAZES UNDERGLAZES OVERGLAZES DUNCAN MAYCO LAGUNA
- AMACO LOW/HIGH FIRE GLAZES, UNDERGLAZES
- CLEAR LOW FIRE GLOSS GLAZES LEAD FREE
- DUNCAN FIRABLE COLORS UNDERGLAZES, GLAZES, OVERGLAZES
- Art glazes by duncan
- Clear low fire gloss glazes
- Concepts underglaze firable 2 oz & 8 oz
- Courtyard 4oz. has returned with more colors !
- Covercoat underglaze 2oz. & 16 oz. pints in a few colors
- Crackles glazes 4 oz.
- Crystals glazes 4 oz.
- Crystals glazes new and reformulated non toxic 8 oz.
- Duncan SY & specialty products
- Envision Glazes
- EZ stroke underglaze 1 oz.
- French dimensions 1.25oz (puffy
- Overglazes- gold, white gold, mother of pearl
- River rock DISCONTINUED BY DUNCAN
- Sandstar DISCONTINUED BY DUNCAN
- Satin color line
- GARE UNDERGLAZE/ GLAZE/ SPRAY GLOSS/ MATTE SEALERS
- Gare fun strokes
- Gare glazes 4oz.
- Gare spray's for non-fired
- HOBBY COLOROBBIA
- LAGUNA CLAY EM LEAD FREE LOW FIRE GLAZES 16OZ. PINT
- MAYCO FIRABLE COLORS, UNDERGLAZES, GLAZES & KITS LEAD FREE
- Crystalite low fire glaze 4 0z.
- Mayco Classic low fire Crackle glazes 4oz.
- Mayco cobblestone low fire glaze 4 oz.
- Mayco Element low fire glazes 4oz.
- Mayco Misc.
- Stroke& coat wonderglaze speckle underglaze for bisque
- Stroke& coat wonderglaze underglaze for bisque 12 color kits
- Stroke&coat wonderglaze underglaze for bisque 2oz.& 16 oz.
- UNDERGLAZE PENCILS FOR DECORATING ON BISQUE
- HOUSES VILLAGE HOLIDAY HOUSES PLASTERCRAFT ACRYLIC PAINTS SPRAY/BRUSH ON GLAZE (Village holiday houses)
- JUDAICA FIRED/NON FIRED CHANNUKAH, PASSOVER
- KILN SUPPLIES SHELVES, POSTS, STILTS, CONES
- High fire kiln posts for cones 5-10
- Kiln bricks low fire and high fire
- Kiln shelves
- Kiln stilts by the case
- Kiln Stilts individual
- Low fire kiln Posts cones 04 & cooler
- Misc. kiln supplies & parts
- ORTON CONES/BARS/WITNESS CONES PYROMETRIC FOR FIRING A KILN
- Cone holders/Kiln cone supports
- Pyrometric self support cones
- Pyrometric cones large
- Pyrometric small bars
- Pyrometric small Cones
- TILE & BEAD RACKS FOR USE IN A CERAMIC KILN
- KILNS, POTTERY WHEELS, & EQUIPMENT
- ACRYLIC PAINT SETS
- PLASTERCRAFT BIRTHDAY PARTY TO GO IN A BOX
- PLASTERCRAFT KIDS NON-FIRED
- PLASTERCRAFT KIDS CRAFTS COMPLETE KITS NON-FIRED
- PLASTERCRAFT KIDS CRAFTS FIRED/NON FIRED
- PLASTERCRAFT NON FIRED COMPLETE KITS USE ACRYLIC PAINTS
- Birthday party in a box nonfired
- Dreidel painting kit non fired
- Easter egg kit non fired
- Passover seder plate kit nonfire
- PLASTERCRAFT PAINTING KITS NON FIRED
- STARTER KIT
- POTTERY TOOLS BY KEMPER
- Basic tool kits
- Bats for pottery wheels
- Calipers for measuring
- Clean up tools
- Cutoff needles
- Cutout tools
- Detail carving tools
- Drilling tools for holes
- Fettling knives
- Heavy duty sculpting tools
- Hole cutting tools
- Lace tools
- loop tools
- Misc. pottery toools
- Pallet knives
- Pot lifters
- Ribbon tools
- Saw tools
- Sgraffito tools
- Texturing brushes
- Throwing sticks
- Trimming knives
- Turning tools
- Wire & wood tools
- Wire end tools
- Wood modeling tools
- PUMPKIN CARVING TOOL SETS
- SPONGES & SANDERS
- SUPPLIES MISC.ITEMS YOU COULDNT FIND ARE HERE
- TILES BISQUE CERAMIC UNPAINTED/UNGLAZED LOW FIRE
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMICS-MUGS- PLATES-BOWLS-PLATTERS FIGURINES
- SUPER HEROES & LICENSED ITEMS
- AFRICAN AMERICAN BISQUE & PLASTERCRAFT
- ANGELS/CHERUBS FIRED/NON FIRED
- BISQUE TILES UNPAINTED LOW FIRE UNGLAZED/UNPAINTED
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMIC KITS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMIC STARTER KIT
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMICS ADD-ON'S,MAGNETS, BEADS & PENDANTS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMICS BY THE CASE
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMICS SMALL MISC. ITEMS FOR PARTIES OR FAVORS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED MISC. ITEMS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED TERRA COTTA LOW FIRE CONE 06
- FAIRIES CASTLES GARGOYLES DRAGONS WIZARDS
- FIGURINES / ANIMALS
- FLOWER POTS/VASES
- HANDMADE FLOWERS
- KITCHEN UTILITY /TEA POTS / KIDS TEA SETS /MUGS
- MUGS /CUPS/ WINE GOBLETS
- PENDANTS /BEADS/ NECKLACES
- PET BOWLS
- PICTURE FRAMES AND DRAWER KNOBS
- PLATES / BOWLS / PLATTERS
- PLAYFUL COLLECTION
- SETS AND STATUES
- SOUTHWEST THEME
- WEDDING CAKE TOPPER
- BISQUE USE ACRYLIC PAINTS-NO FIRING
- ACRYLIC PAINTS / BISQUE STAINS
- Acrylic paint 8 oz size non fired
- Acrylic paint sets nonfired
- Acrylic paints Duncan 2oz stains/paints non fired
- Acrylic paints Duncan ultra metallic 2oz nonfired
- Acrylic paints strip pots 6 colors .75 Fl. Oz. nonfired
- Basecoat/primer for bisque & plastercraft 4oz. & 8oz. nonfired
- Duncan Sparklers BrushOn Glitter nonfired
- Duncan water based antiquing gel nonfired
- Granite stone non fired 4oz. nonfired
- Liquid pearl colors Duncan 1oz nonfired
- Misc. Non fired paint products
- Oil Based Tranlucents Stains 2 oz. non-toxic non fired
- Spray/brush-on glosses/mattes/snow nonfired
- UNDERGLAZE PENCILS
- GIFT CERTIFICATES
- CONSULTATION ON FIRING, GLAZING, LOADING KILNS
- CASTING CERAMIC SUPPLIES MOLDS/SLIP CASTING
- BIRTHDAY PARTY TO GO PLASTERCRAFT OR BISQUE
- BOOKS ON CERAMICS
Plastercraft Painting Tips (non-fired)
Plastercraft Painting Tips (non-fired)
Plastercraft is a non fired way to paint items that are going to be ornamental. Meaning not for use with food or water and for indoor placement. Using acrylic paints and spray or brush-on glazing at the end for a finished look.
When painting plastercraft keep in mind that all areas must be painted in order for the glaze to work. Areas not painted will not be able to hold a finish. Many companies in the past did sell a product called "basecoat". Now this product is not available. Basecoat was used to cover the whole plastercraft project with a white or off white acrylic paint. Now that that product is not available, the same affect can be achieved by using white or off white acrylic paint. The reason for besecoating the whole project is so that if you miss a spot while painting the glaze will still shine on that spot because of the basecoat being there.
Paint all areas with the different acrylic colors as desired. Acrylic paints must be for ceramic and plastercraft, see label. Once finished let colors dry to the touch. Spray or brush-on glaze the project. (gloss or matte sprays & brush-on gloss or matte glazes are available on this web site). These glazes give your project that really shiny or satin look. Let dry for a few minutes and you're finished creating a masterpiece!
Remember that bisque can be painted this way too, it just can't be used for food or water. For that you need to paint on bisque & use underglazes or glazes and then use a firable clear glaze & fire them in a kiln.
How to Drybrush and Wetbrush Ceramics
These techniques add color to and bring out the texture of your projects.
Drybrushing Steps: 1. Dip the tip of a dry, stiff, round-bristled brush into a dab of acrylic paint. 2. Zigzag the brush on a paper towel or paper grocery bag until you've removed most of the color. 3. Brush the end of the bristles briskly back and forth across, not with, the texture of the piece. Tips: Drybrushing works best over a base coat - a solid-colored coat of paint applied to the whole piece of bisque. Dark colors work better than light colors. The drybrushing technique puts highlights of color on ridges and details, leaving the darker base coat color in the grooves and furrows.
Wetbrushing Steps: 1. Dip the tip of a moist, stiff, round-bristled brush into a dab of acrylic paint. 2. Zigzag the brush on a paper towel or paper grocery bag until you've removed most of the color. Because the brush is wet to begin with, more paint stays on the bristles. 3. Brush the end of the bristles briskly back and forth across the texture of the piece as when drybrushing. Tips: Use wetbrushing as an alternative to drybrushing for more vivid and smoother colors. Pearls and metallic colors are particularly good paints to try this with. Overall Warnings: Refrain from rubbing or wiping a smudged area that has received too much paint. Wait for it to dry and go over it with a darker color. Then, rebrush it.
As always you can email us with a specific symptoms and or problems and we will try to come up with the proper remedy.
Go to contact us and we will reply in 3 hours or less.