- 1 PERFECT HOLIDAY SPECIALS SECTION
- 75% OR MORE OFF BISQUE USE ACRYLIC PAINTS-NO FIRING
- A GREAT FLASH SALE SECTION
- ACRYLIC PAINTS/BISQUE STAINS NO FIRE 4 PLASTERCRAFT/ BISQUE
- Acrylic paint 8 oz size non fired
- Acrylic paint sets nonfired
- Acrylic paints Duncan 2oz stains/paints non fired
- Acrylic paints Duncan ultra metallic 2oz nonfired
- Acrylic paints strip pots 6 colors .75 Fl. Oz. nonfired
- Basecoat/primer for bisque & plastercraft 4oz. & 8oz. nonfired
- Duncan Sparklers BrushOn Glitter nonfired
- Duncan water based antiquing gel nonfired
- Granite stone non fired 4oz. nonfired
- Liquid pearl colors Duncan 1oz nonfired
- Misc. Non fired paint products
- Oil Based Tranlucents Stains 2 oz. non-toxic non fired
- Spray/brush-on glosses/mattes/snow nonfired
- AFRICAN AMERICAN BISQUE & PLASTERCRAFT NEW
- BIRTHDAY PARTY TO GO PLASTERCRAFT OR BISQUE
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMICS-MUGS- PLATES-BOWLS-PLATTERS FIGURINES
- BISQUE UNPAINTED SUPER HEROES & LICENSED ITEMS
- BISQUE TILES UNPAINTED LOW FIRE UNGLAZED/UNPAINTED
- BISQUE UNPAINTED BANKS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED BOXES
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMIC ANGELS/CHERUBS FIRED/NON FIRED
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMIC HANDMADE FLOWERS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMIC KITS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMIC STARTER KIT
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMICS ADD-ON'S,MAGNETS, BEADS & PENDANTS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMICS BY THE CASE
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMICS PENDANTS/BEADS/NECKLACES
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMICS PICTURE FRAMES AND DRAWER KNOBS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMICS SMALL MISC. ITEMS FOR PARTIES OR FAVORS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED FAIRIES CASTLES GARGOYLS DRAGONS WIZARDS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED FIGURINES/ANIMALS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED FLOWER POTS/VASES
- BISQUE UNPAINTED HALLOWEEN
- BISQUE UNPAINTED KITCHEN UTILITY/TEA POTS/KIDS TEA SETS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED MASKS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED MISC. ITEMS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED MUGS/CUPS/WINE GOBLETS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED NATIVITY SETS AND STATUES
- BISQUE UNPAINTED PET BOWLS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED PLATES/BOWLS/PLATTERS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED PLAYFUL COLLECTION
- BISQUE UNPAINTED RELIGIOUS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED SOUTHWEST THEME NEW
- BISQUE UNPAINTED TERRA COTTA LOW FIRE CONE 06
- Glazed ceramics ready for decal use
- WEDDING CAKE TOPPER
- BOOKS ON CERAMIC TOPICS
- BRUSHES-COMPLETE SETS-SINGLE ASSORTED SIZES
- CASTING CERAMIC SUPPLIES MOLDS/SLIP CASTING
- CERAMIC CHRISTMAS TREE PLASTIC COLOR REPLACEMENT LIGHTS BULBS STARS FREE SHIPPING
- CHRISTMAS BISQUE/PLASTERCRAFT
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN BISQUE UNPAINTED CHRISTMAS TREE ORNAMENTS
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN CHRISTMAS TREE UNPAINTED ORNAMENTS PLASTERCRAFT NON FIRED
- CERAMIC BISQUE UNPAINTED FLAT ORNAMENTS
- CHRISTMAS BISQUE
- CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS UNPAINTED PLASTERCRAFT NONFIRED USE ACRYLIC PAINT CASE OF 24
- CHRISTMAS PLASTERCRAFT
- CHRISTMAS TREE PLASTERCRAFT UNPAINTED ORNAMENTS AT BLOWOUT PRICES NON FIRED
- CHRISTMAS TREE UNPAINTED ORNAMENTS BLOW-OUT FIRABLE BISQUE
- CLAY, LAGUNA FIRED GLAZES
- CONSULTATION ON FIRING, GLAZING, LOADING KILNS & FIRING
- EASTER BISQUE AND PLASTERCRAFT
- GIFT CERTIFICATES-LAST MINUTE AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO GET?
- GLAZES UNDERGLAZES OVERGLAZES DUNCAN MAYCO LAGUNA
- AMACO LOW/HIGH FIRE GLAZES, UNDERGLAZES
- CLEAR LOW FIRE GLOSS GLAZES LEAD FREE
- DUNCAN FIRABLE COLORS UNDERGLAZES, GLAZES, OVERGLAZES
- Art glazes by duncan
- Clear low fire gloss glazes
- Concepts underglaze firable 2 oz & 8 oz
- Courtyard 4oz. has returned with more colors !
- Covercoat underglaze 2oz. & 16 oz. pints in a few colors
- Crackles glazes 4 oz.
- Crystals glazes 4 oz.
- Crystals glazes new and reformulated non toxic 8 oz.
- Duncan SY & specialty products
- Envision Glazes
- EZ stroke underglaze 1 oz.
- French dimensions 1.25oz (puffy
- Overglazes- gold, white gold, mother of pearl
- River rock DISCONTINUED BY DUNCAN
- Sandstar DISCONTINUED BY DUNCAN
- Satin color line
- GARE UNDERGLAZE/ GLAZE/ SPRAY GLOSS/ MATTE SEALERS
- Gare fun strokes
- Gare glazes 4oz.
- Gare spray's for non-fired
- HOBBY COLOROBBIA
- LAGUNA CLAY EM LEAD FREE LOW FIRE GLAZES 16OZ. PINT
- MAYCO FIRABLE COLORS, UNDERGLAZES, GLAZES & KITS LEAD FREE
- Crystalite low fire glaze 4 0z.
- Mayco Classic low fire Crackle glazes 4oz.
- Mayco cobblestone low fire glaze 4 oz.
- Mayco Element low fire glazes 4oz.
- Mayco Misc.
- Stroke& coat wonderglaze speckle underglaze for bisque
- Stroke& coat wonderglaze underglaze for bisque 12 color kits
- Stroke&coat wonderglaze underglaze for bisque 2oz.& 16 oz.
- UNDERGLAZE PENCILS FOR DECORATING ON BISQUE
- HOUSES PLASTERCRAFT ACRYLIC PAINTS SPRAY/BRUSH ON GLAZE
- JUDAICA FIRED/NON FIRED CHANNUKAH, PASSOVER
- KILN SUPPLIES SHELVES,POSTS,STILTS,CONES
- High fire kiln posts for cones 5-10
- Kiln bricks low fire and high fire
- Kiln shelves
- Kiln stilts by the case
- Kiln Stilts individual
- Low fire kiln Posts cones 04 & cooler
- Misc. kiln supplies & parts
- ORTON CONES/BARS/WITNESS CONES PYROMETRIC FOR FIRING A KILN
- Cone holders/Kiln cone supports
- Pyrometric self support cones
- Pyrometric cones large
- Pyrometric small bars
- Pyrometric small Cones
- TILE & BEAD RACKS FOR USE IN A CERAMIC KILN
- KILNS, POTTERY WHEELS, & EQUIPMENT
- PLASTERCRAFT UNPAINTED ITEMS USE ACRYLIC PAINTS
- ACRYLIC PAINT SETS
- PLASERCRAFT KIDS CRAFTS COMPLETE KITS NON-FIRED
- PLASTERCRAFT ANIMALS NON FIRED
- PLASTERCRAFT BIRTHDAY PARTY TO GO IN A BOX
- PLASTERCRAFT EASTER ITEMS NON FIRED
- PLASTERCRAFT FUGURINES NON FIRED
- PLASTERCRAFT HALLOWEEN NON FIRED
- PLASTERCRAFT KIDS NON-FIRED
- PLASTERCRAFT KIDS CRAFTS FIRED/NON FIRED
- PLASTERCRAFT MAGNETS NON FIRED
- PLASTERCRAFT NON FIRED BANKS
- PLASTERCRAFT NON FIRED COMPLETE KITS USE ACRYLIC PAINTS
- Birthday party in a box nonfired
- Dreidel painting kit non fired
- Easter egg kit non fired
- Passover seder plate kit nonfire
- PLASTERCRAFT NONFIRED NATIVITY ITEMS USE ACRYLIC PAINTS
- PLASTERCRAFT PAINTING KITS NON FIRED
- PLASTERCRAFT RELIGIOUS NON FIRED
- PLASTERCRAFT STARTER KIT NON FIRED
- POTTERY TOOLS BY KEMPER 400 TO CHOOSE FROM
- Basic tool kits
- Bats for pottery wheels
- Calipers for measuring
- Clean up tools
- Cutoff needles
- Cutout tools
- Detail carving tools
- Drilling tools for holes
- Fettling knives
- Heavy duty sculpting tools
- Hole cutting tools
- Lace tools
- loop tools
- Misc. pottery toools
- Pallet knives
- Pot lifters
- Ribbon tools
- Saw tools
- Sgraffito tools
- Texturing brushes
- Throwing sticks
- Trimming knives
- Turning tools
- Wire & wood tools
- Wire end tools
- Wood modeling tools
- PUMPKIN CARVING TOOL SETS
- SPONGES & SANDERS FOR CEARAMIC & POTTERY
- SUPPLIES MISC.ITEMS YOU COULDNT FIND ARE HERE
- TILES BISQUE CERAMIC UNPAINTED/UNGLAZED LOW FIRE
- UNDERGLAZE PENCILS FOR BISQUE
How to paint glaze & fire ceramics
What is needed to paint,glaze & fire low fire bisque or tiles
What is neded to paint, glaze and low fire bisque/tiles?
PAINTING ON THE LOW FIRE UNDERGLAZE COLORS
Underglaze colors are perfect for use on bisque figurines, tiles and all bisque items. Most underglazes like Concepts by Duncan and Stroke n Coat by Mayco are non-toxic and dinnerware safe when covered with a non-toxic clear gloss glaze (clear glazes are listed in Duncan products under Clear low fire glazes see below for instructions). These color lines are only for painting on bisque. These underglazes are great for applying one to three coats to give it a look from translucency to opaque. These underglaze paint lines are very popular with most painting studios because its very easy to use.We carry more than 250 colors to choose from. Concepts come in a 2 oz. squeeze bottle or 8 oz. squeeze bottle. Mayco come in a 2 oz. squeeze bottle and some colors in a 16 oz. squeeze pint (several colors not all) Both are great product lines for the whole family! Concepts & Stroke n Coat Underglazes for Bisque represent a new generation in fireable non-toxic lead free colors. Versatility and ease of use make them ideal for both the casual ceramist and professional alike. One coat allows for translucent design work, 2 and 3 for semi opaque or opaque. Concepts & Stroke n coat can be used with a wide variety of decorating techniques. Designed for use with Duncan Pure brilliance brush-on clear glaze or Duncan IN1001 brush-on clear glaze. Both non-toxic and lead free. Pure Brilliance by Duncan being the new kid on the block has a great gloss look and finish. Remember that any areas left unpainted will just be plain white and glossy after you clear glaze and fire. You do not have to paint every inch of your project. You can use the plain unpainted background as a contrasting feature. As an example you will need a pint of clear glaze for every 30 4×4 tiles. As an example you will need a pint of clear glaze for every 15 6×6 tiles. Note that any brush will work for painting, the softer the brush the better results. Be sure they are very clean and have no oil or acrylic paints on them. Tip: To trace a design we carry a tracing paper that when used on bisque leaves a thin dark line on the bisque. Then you can follow these lines when painting. Once the bisque is fired all these tracing lines burn completely off. Click here to take you to the tracing paper.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOW FIRE CONE 06 UNDERGLAZE USE
Instructions 1. Apply 1 coat for translucent designs. 2. Apply 2- 3 coats for semi opaque to solid coverage. 3. Apply to shelf cone 04 bisque (this means that the bisque should be have been fired to a cone 04 before you buy it). 4. Fire to shelf cone 06 (after painting and clear glazing). 5. Clean up with water only. 6. Always refer to label instructions for proper application and usage. Our bisque canonly be fire at the range of cone 04-06.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CONE 06 CLEAR GLAZING
Please follow these steps exactly to insure good results
When you are done decorating with underglazes, let dry till it’s dry to the touch (1-3 hours) then you will need to clear glaze your projects. The clear gloss glazes are located in our “Clear low fire glazes” section of the Duncan section. There are two to choose from. Duncan IN1001or the new “Brilliance” When you are ready to glaze you will need a glazing fan brush. Available in our brush section under single brushes. Choose fan brush set. Mix clear glaze well, then applying a good flowing coat, make ONE pass over every area you wish to cover.IMPORTANT: DO NOT go back and forth over and over because that will cause undeglaze colors to smear. After drying time (1-2 hours normally) come back and apply a second coat the same way only making ONE pass over each area to avoid smear. You may come back and dab areas you missed by your single passes. Please read label. Most clear glazes require 2-3 normal flowing coats. Glaze fan brushes will make glazing much easier and they are available in our brush sets/single area.
Note: that tiles that are to be mounted cannot be painted or glazed on the edges or backs. Doing so will prevent the mounting glues from working properly.
Once clear glazing is complete you will need to fire your project/tiles in a kiln at the setting of cone 06
For large quantities of tiles to fire please see our tile racks that are space savers
Enjoy your artistic creation!
In order to make ceramic bisque food, water and outdoor safe, the above procedures must be followed and the above mentioned paints MUST be used. Kiln firing at cone 06 is a requirement for food,water safe items and outdoor use. Please note this process is not for high fire use.
However for those wishing to paint ceramic bisque as ornamental items only, one can use acrylic paints and then either use the brush on glaze or the spray glaze available on this site. This method looks great! Using acrylic paints is ONLY ornamental not for food, water items or ourdoor use. Please look at our acylic paint section for 100′s of colors!
How to paint on plastercraft or bisque with no firing needed!
To paint on plastercraft or bisque and NOT fire, simply use acrylic paints and then either get the brush on glaze or the sprayglaze (all available in our acrylic paint section gloss, matte or porcelain). The project will only shine where paint is placed. This method is NOT for food or water. This method is for ornamental use only. You can paint this way on either plastercraft or bisque. Looks great and acrylic paints are non toxic. This is a great way to do party projects they can take home same day. Spray glaze should be done by an adult and outside where proper venting is available. Allow 20-30 minutes (depending on humidity in the air) to dry and youre done.
As always with specific questions, you can contact us at
email@example.com and we will answer in 3 hours or less!!!