- A CERAMIC CHRISTMAS TREE PLASTIC COLOR REPLACEMENT LIGHTS BULBS & STARS SECTION
- A GREAT FLASH SALE SECTION
- A GREAT HOLIDAY SPECIALS SECTION
- ACRYLIC PAINTS / BISQUE STAINS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMICS-MUGS- PLATES-BOWLS-PLATTERS FIGURINES
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMICS ADD-ON'S,MAGNETS, BEADS & PENDANTS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED CERAMICS SMALL MISC. ITEMS FOR PARTIES OR FAVORS
- BISQUE UNPAINTED MISC. ITEMS
- FAIRIES CASTLES GARGOYLES DRAGONS WIZARDS
- FIGURINES / ANIMALS
- KITCHEN UTILITY /TEA POTS / KIDS TEA SETS /MUGS
- MUGS /CUPS/ WINE GOBLETS
- PENDANTS /BEADS/ NECKLACES
- PICTURE FRAMES AND DRAWER KNOBS
- PLATES / BOWLS / PLATTERS
- CASTING CERAMIC SUPPLIES MOLDS/SLIP CASTING
- CHRISTMAS BISQUE / PLASTERCRAFT
- CONSULTATION ON FIRING, GLAZING, LOADING KILNS
- GIFT CERTIFICATES
- GLAZES UNDERGLAZES OVERGLAZES DUNCAN MAYCO
- CLEAR LOW FIRE GLOSS GLAZES LEAD FREE
- DUNCAN FIRABLE COLORS UNDERGLAZES, GLAZES, OVERGLAZES
- Clear low fire gloss glazes
- Concepts underglaze firable 2 oz & 8 oz
- Courtyard 4oz. has returned with more colors !
- Covercoat underglaze 2oz. & 16 oz. pints in a few colors
- Crackles glazes 4 oz.
- Crystals glazes 4 oz.
- Crystals glazes new and reformulated non toxic 8 oz.
- Duncan SY & specialty products
- Envision Glazes
- EZ stroke underglaze 1 oz.
- French dimensions 1.25oz (puffy
- Overglazes- gold, white gold, mother of pearl
- Satin color line
- GARE UNDERGLAZE/ GLAZE/ SPRAY GLOSS/ MATTE SEALERS
- Gare fun strokes
- HOBBY COLOROBBIA
- MAYCO FIRABLE COLORS, UNDERGLAZES, GLAZES & KITS LEAD FREE
- Crystalite low fire glaze 4 0z.
- Mayco Classic low fire Crackle glazes 4oz.
- Mayco cobblestone low fire glaze 4 oz.
- Mayco Misc.
- Stroke& coat wonderglaze speckle underglaze for bisque
- Stroke& coat wonderglaze underglaze for bisque 12 color kits
- Stroke&coat wonderglaze underglaze for bisque 2oz.& 16 oz.
- UNDERGLAZE PENCILS FOR DECORATING ON BISQUE
- JUDAICA FIRED/NON FIRED CHANNUKAH, PASSOVER
- KILN SUPPLIES SHELVES, POSTS, STILTS, CONES
- High fire kiln posts for cones 5-10
- Kiln shelves
- Kiln Stilts individual
- Low fire kiln Posts cones 04 & cooler
- Misc. kiln supplies & parts
- ORTON CONES/BARS/WITNESS CONES PYROMETRIC FOR FIRING A KILN
- Cone holders/Kiln cone supports
- Pyrometric self support cones
- Pyrometric cones large
- Pyrometric small bars
- Pyrometric small Cones
- TILE & BEAD RACKS FOR USE IN A CERAMIC KILN
- POTTERY TOOLS BY KEMPER
- Basic tool kits
- Bats for pottery wheels
- Calipers for measuring
- Clean up tools
- Cutoff needles
- Cutout tools
- Detail carving tools
- Drilling tools for holes
- Fettling knives
- Heavy duty sculpting tools
- Hole cutting tools
- Lace tools
- loop tools
- Misc. pottery toools
- Pallet knives
- Pot lifters
- Ribbon tools
- Saw tools
- Sgraffito tools
- Texturing brushes
- Throwing sticks
- Trimming knives
- Turning tools
- Wire & wood tools
- Wire end tools
- Wood modeling tools
- PUMPKIN CARVING TOOL SETS
- SPONGES & SANDERS
- SUPPLIES MISC.ITEMS YOU COULDNT FIND ARE HERE
- TILES BISQUE CERAMIC UNPAINTED/UNGLAZED LOW FIRE
- UNDERGLAZE PENCILS
orton cone info
Pyrometric cones have been used since the late 1800's to monitor the kilns performance. Originally thought to be temperature indicators, studies in 1926 showed that time & atmosphere also affects cone bending behavior.
Orton is the only manufacturer in the united states that makes pyrometric cones.
Large and self supporting cones are used as witness cones to monitor the firing and often are used to to decide when the firing is complete.
Small cones and pyrometric bars are used in the kiln-sitter (R), a mechanical switch that cuts off the power in electric kilns.
Small cones are occasionally used as witness cones, but caution is recommended, since these shorter cones require slightly higher temperatures to bend, as compared to large or self supporting cones.
Cones are still needed when a kiln is equipped with an electronic controller. Electronic controllers allow the kiln to be heated to a temperature. Controllers use a thermocouple to sense temperature. These change with time and ware, causing the kiln to fire hotter than desired. Witness cones placed on the shelf near the outside edge will check weather the controller is firing accurately.
The number representing the cone firing temperature is engraved on the side of every cone in every box to avoid confusion and mistakes in firing. So read the cone to make sure its the right cone temperature you need to fire.
The following are approximate temperatures for firing at medium speed of 270 degrees per hour for self supporting cones. Your temperature may vary by the condition of the kiln.
cone 022- 1094 cone 021-1143 cone 020-1180 cone 019-1283 cone 06-1855 cone 05-1911 cone 04-1971 cone 03-2019
The following are approximate temperatures for firing at medium speed of 270 degrees per hour for small bars and cones. Your temperature may vary by the condition of the kiln.
cone 019-1279 cone 018-1350 cone 017-1402 cone 016-1461 cone 06- 1852 cone 05-1915 cone 04-1958 cone 03-2014
Sm. bar Sm. cone Lg. cone self supporting/witness
Imagine that the witness cone is a clock. If it points straight up and didn't bend, its too cool. If it bends to around three to six o'clock it's a good firing and if it gets past six o'clock or it starts to melt, its in the too hot range.